About 36 km away from the town of Požarevac, in the valley of the Mlava River, Petrovac na Mlavi (Petrovac on the Mlava River) lies. In its surroundings, there are two mediaeval monuments, which even today are very significant for Serbia. Thirteen kilometers away from Petrovac, there is a monastery with the church of the Falling Asleep of the Mother of God, two residences, as well as the remains of the cave chapel and the walls of the old fort. In folk belief, the monastery was erected by King Milutin, who built it in 1257. The mediaeval town Ždrelo is 14 km away from Petrovac on the Mlava River. The special value of the monument reflects in the sepulchral slab with the inscriptions dating back in the 14th and the 15th centuries.