Monastery of Preobraženje is situated on the right bank of River West Morava, on the north hill-sides of Mount Ovčar. The old Monastery used to be on the place where railway station in Ovčar Banja is now, beneath the high and steep cliffs of Mount Kablar. The first written records of the monastery dates back to 1525. year. The old Preobraženje Monastery was torn down for the purpose of the construction of the railroad to Užice. Bishop Nikolaj Velimirović took an initiative to erect a new Preobraženje Monastery in 1938. Today is a building with a square ground plan and low altar apse. The Monastery is not allowed to have any property or a parish, according to the rules of Holy Mount and has a missionary role.