Jovanje Monastery is situated on the left bank of the river West Morava, on its biggest meander. It was dedicated to the birth of St. John, the Baptist. Judging by the style in architecture it was supposedly erected in the XVI century. The beauty of the church, the size and the ruins of a number of guest houses around monastery church are testimony to a large community of the monks in the monastery. Thanks to Archbishop Nikolaj Velimirović, the life was brought back to the monastery and in 1936. twelve nuns came from Kalište Monastery. That's how Jovanje Monastery became the first women's monastery in the Ovčar Kablar Gorge. The most valuable objects in the treasury are two icons dating from 1850.